Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A Rap for Mike David

This rap song I wrote is a tribute to Mike David who skillfully masterminded my celebrity roast for my bachelor party and the special number at our wedding, entitled "Wedding Day". Much thanks to you brother for all the hard work and effort. Let the humor live on through your blogspot. Here's my shot right back atcha. PS, I know you walk your dogs all the time, but I didn't know you did the same with your bikes. Bikes are a man's best friend.

Who Am I? (Mike David) written by Erwin Reyes

My name is Mike aka M-Y-C.
And no, on my back is no 23.

So don’t get it confused,
Don’t get it twisted,
Just get it proper.

So yalls please,
Don’t try to be like Mike.
Cuz there’s only one big Papa.

Not Notorious.
Cuz he’s long gone and dead.
This is the only one who be eating fish heads.

To some of those in the edumucation business
I’m no prince and I’m not your pal,
But I’m the PRINCIPAL.

So when I say jump,
you jump like Criss-Cross
When I say run,
you run like Chris Brown.

So there’s no need to ask me
Who’s the daddy, who’s the boss?
Cuz if you do,
I will go to town.

With my baseball bat.
So don’t “lean on me.”
Don’t make me take off my straw hat.
Don’t get me started bout Hawaii.

So if you wanna know who I be
Then just read my blogspot cool.
You do know how to read, right?
Oh I forgot, you went to some Vallejo high school.

Unless you go to Franklin Middle,
Cuz that’s where I handle my biz.
That’s where I be dishin out my Laker edumucation,
Hotshot, you care to take my pop quiz?

Question 1. Why am I such a Laker fan?
Well lemme tell you blogspot reader.
Cuz I say Kobe is the man.

He drops 50 when he pleases.
He changes jersey numbers when he wills
On his highlights set the DVR’s to freezes,
The city of lights, camera, action is where he chills.

So then for all you Laker haters,
I got something for you to hear,
You heard it here first from Mr. David,
I smell another NBA title coming near.

Now enuff of them Laker analogies,
Cuz that’s what I love to do.
Don’t get me started on Hawaii again,
Do you have an hour or two?

So if I ask you for the shirt off your back,
I really mean it, that’s no hunch.
But if you ask me for the shirt off my back,
Don’t look now buddy, left jab, right hook,
That’s what I call my Hawaiian punch.

I’m not small like Manny Pacquiao or as dark as Steve McNair,
I’m Mike David a Hawaiian wannabe,
Excuse me miss, do you give Kama’aina discounts
For that pineapple and coconut sitting over there?

Yeah, I said over there,
Pointing with my lips just like a true Filipino would,
So why am I such a Hawaiian wannabe,
Buddy, have you ever been to Hawaii,
You would be a poser too if you could.

5 Comments:

Myc said...

Hmmmmmmm...Wow...Wannabe?...For the first time I am speechless. I will have to think, pray, repent, before I respond to this one...

Bessiedavid said...

Ahhh, why you siggin' on my husband!!! Don't raps usually rhyme?

Anonymous said...

Oh Snappy! Er-Sizzle get's married and look at him! He couldn't be a star if a ninja threw him.

Myc said...

Ok I have fully repented of my murderous thoughts toward you. Now with a sober mind I can appreciate the humor of the lyrics. Just FYI, this rap was my idea, but Jason and Walt are the masterminds that came up with the end rap product. And Reg was the one with the liking boys comment. Ant had the toys gotta go and the cool um and yup. And of course The Chicano had the cool intro...Just in case you wanted to return the favor.

~V~ said...

I didn't know you had rap skillz...