Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun Hawaii Pictures

Some of you have been asking for our Hawaii pics from our honeymoon so I thought I would give you some shots from our trip...but only the fun ones. No serious pictures allowed in this blog post. There will be more to come. Stay tuned.
This shot is underneath some coconut trees at Kailua Beach Park in Maui. We had to put the camera on timer and on the ground for this one.





These are white I call dome shots. This was the first sunset we caught on our honeymoon, from Polo Beach in Maui. Notice the sunset reflection on our foreheads and the black rocks underneath us. Becky invented this picture.










The next two black and whites are rather funny. The first one was from Sandy Beach in Oahu. We drove from Turtle Bay all the way around the North Shore of Oahu headed east in search of Kaiser, Magnum PI's house, and any beaches along the way. Sandy Beach was our last stop before our return trip to the North Shore. The next shot was a funny sign that I spotted at Whaler's Village on our last night on Maui. After taking in some sun for 5 days on Maui already, I thought this sign summed up my complexion rather wall.













The next couple of shots are of Becks and I grubbing on some Dole pineapple ice cream. After catching some weird throat sickness, eating pineapple was horribly painful for Becks. I guess she decided to forego the pain and get a taste of pineapple icecream bliss.










From our Kaanapali resort, we drove north on Maui to find the infamous "blowhole" area 15 minutes past the Honolua Bay area. I wanted so bad to flick all the stacked rocks we found on the hike to the blowhole, but was then reminded of the Brady's experience on Hawaii. Last thing I needed was a tarantula to fall on me in bed. We did find this heartshaped sacrificial alter that Becky was not afraid to stand in.










These are a couple of the tasty treats we at on Maui. The first is the Hula Pie which got from Leilani's on the Beach. It's a MASSIVE ice cream pie with an Oreo cookie crust, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and caramel, nuts, and whip cream. Did I say that we saw whales making splashes on the waterfront as we ate our dinner? The next one is hot cinnamon buns I got from our hotel's snack bar for breakfast on our last day in Maui. We had used up all our buffet breakfast passes so we had to settle for this instead. It was a nice way to get our room number in the shot.









This is of me standing in front of a saltwater pond at the JW Marriott in Ko'olina. It was full of baby hammerheads, giant manta rays, and all sorts of bright fish. This was the nicest hotel I've ever seen. The other one is of Becks in front of what we think is Magnum PI's house on Oahu. What we didn't know was that this house (courtesy of Youtube) is completely run down, so even if we decided to jump the fence and sneak a peak, we would have been in for a big letdown.







This is the new friend Beck's made at Whaler's village. I think he wanted B-A-N-A-N-A-S. This is me in front of a coconut tree from atop the Punch Bowl. We were rushing to take pics so we wouldn't get locked in the memorial with all the ghosts. Could that be a ghost on the bottom of the picture?











1 Comment:

Trip Sister said...

OMG! You two had a great time and we just got back from our first ever trip to Hawaii and visited many of the places you saw!

It was such a romantic place for us to visit I'm sure it nwould be perfect for a wedding!

Thanks for sharing the pictures...it reminds me of our trip a few months ago and how much fun we had with all the great people on the three islands we visited!

Best wishes for the future you Newlyweds! ;)