Thursday, March 27, 2008

Random Blog: Chocolove Candy













Today I found something interesting in some candy I purchased from Target. It is called Chocolove. The only reason I bought it was that I was craving some chocolate and it was the only candy bars on sale. It was cherries & dark almonds in dark chocolate (55% cocoa content). Anyways, as I finished my candy bar at my desk, I discovered that inside the wrapper was a love poem. Here it is:

Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river

And the rivers with the ocean,
The winds of heaven mix for ever
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single.
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle -
Why not I with thine?
See the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdain'd its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea -
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?

P.B. Shelley

1 Comment:

Jean M said...

Ahh, the earnest yearnings of Percy Shelley...