Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Brazilian Steak House

I happened to be scrolling through some of my links this morning when I found one for this Brazilian Steak House in SF called Espetus Churrascaria. I thought it would be blog worthy considering my great experience last summer in San Diego at a similar restaurant. Last July, as Tim Jang and I traveled to San Diego to attend the 2007 Comic-Con, we had the awesome privilege of eating at a Brazilian Steak House in the Gas Lamp District of San Diego called Rei do Gado's (http://www.reidogado.net/). I never heard of a buffet BBQ until this one. It is indeed an experience worth experiencing. Imagine a waiter bringing a giant skewer of meat to your table and cutting a portion of it for you. But it is not just any meat, this was the finest meat you can possibly dream of having. Different waiters would come around to our table offering us select meats as long as we could eat it. They gave us a colored table marker (green/red) to designate stop and go for the meat service. Of these 17 meats to choose from, I'm sorry to say we were only able to taste 7 or 8, perhaps because we spent the first part of our dinner grubbing on delicious veggies at their authentic Brazilian salad bar. I would have paid good money just for the salad bar alone...and I'm not big on salads. Here's a list of the meats we had to choose from.


1. Linguica=Brazilian Style Sausages
2. Lombo de Porco=Pork Loin
3. Costelinha de Porco=Baby back-Ribs
4. Coxa de Frango=Chicken Drumsticks with Cheese
5. Coxao Mole=Top Round
6. Filet Mignon com Bacon=Tender Loin Cubes wrapped in Bacon
7. Costela de Boi=Beef Ribs
8. Peru com Bacon=Turkey Breast Filet wrapped with Bacon
9. Maminha=Tri-Tip
10. Picanha=Top sirloin Cap
11. Picanha no alho=Top sirloin in garlic
12. Cupim=Hump of Zebus
13. Fraldinha=Skirt Steak
14. Coracao de Galinha=Chicken Heart
15. Presunto e Abacaxi=Ham and Pineapple
16. Filet Mignon=Premium aged Tender Loin
17. Pernil de Ovelha=Lamb Leg

After dinner we were offered a choice of their select desserts, but had no room at all to eat anymore. All this for around $50 ea if I recall after tip.

So now to the exciting part. We can experience the same thing right here in our backyard of SF at Espetus Churrascaria (http://www.espetus.com/), San Francisco's very first rodizio style restaurant. It is on 1686 Market Street. This will definitely be a stop for Becky and I and whoever is willing to join us in 2008.

3 Comments:

Jean M said...

Yum! My first experience with churrascaria was in NYC about 7 years ago. I'll never forget it!

Bessiedavid said...

And who shared this place with you??? So when we going to the one in SF? My birthday is coming up soon ;) Is the one in SF a buffet place too?

~V~ said...

Bessie,
If you celebrate your birthday here, I am inviting Amel and myself to that celebration. Or...we could happen to celebrate Zoey's birthday there. : ) Either way, don't be surprised to see us there.