Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Husband Dinner

Today I get to make my lovely wife dinner for the just the 2nd time since we've been married. It's not too often that I get to dabble in the art of cooking, but after my first attempt at making a pork roast a month ago (it did turn out good, considering all I had to do was throw all the ingredients in the crock pot before work), I am attempting to make Chimichurri mushroom chicken with stuffing and green salad. Becky and have been watching a lot Food Network shows, but I wouldn't call myself Bobby Flay's protege just yet. Rightfully so, Becky should be the one entering those Food Network contests with her tasty desserts...mmm her pear pie and lemon bars are killer. Since we've been married, my stomach has been graced by her delectable dinners such as corned beef (the real one, not canned), chicken fajitas, american chopped-suey, homemade macaroni and cheese, spaghetti, etc. That's a far cry from my days of eggs, sandwiches, fishsticks, and cereal for dinner. I have indeed been blessed with a gem of a wife...and it's not only because of her cooking.

2 Comments:

MamaBoncx said...

Hey Er,

That's so sweet! Keep that up, she'll really appreciate it! BTW, can I add you to my blogroll?

Haar said...

Yes, please tell Becky how much Junior and I LOVE her pear pie.