Thursday, April 3, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

So not long on the heals of Aloha Airlines going bankrupt and cancelling all flights as of March 31, ATA, another major Hawaiian airline provider, has gone bankrupt and cancelled all its flights. My only reason for blogging on this is as a frequenter of Hawaii, my options for flights to Hawaii has now dwindled down to Hawaiian Airlines. Although my favorite airlines is Hawaiian, it is sad to see the 2 other airlines I've used in the past go under. It would just seem weird to have to fly American or United to get to the islands. Did I mention how expensive these major airlines are to get to Hawaii? And what about the interisland flights...will it no longer be $39 to go from Maui to Oahu? I hope Hawaiian doesn't tank it too with the rising gas prices. I just found out that a few of my friends and a coworker had ATA flights for upcoming Hawaiian vacations that they will now have to first try to recoup their money and then reschedule with another airline most likely at a premium. A sad day for Hawaiian vacationers alike...San Diego may have to be the next best thing to Hawaii if airlines keep dropping like flies. And if gas becomes more expensive even for driving, then say hello to Blue Rock Springs and Dan Foley Park...reachable by bike.

0 Comments: