Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4 Month Anniversary

On Monday Becks and I celebrated our 4 month wedding anniversary. Time indeed does fly. Not too long ago we were just married, and within the next month will be a year from when we first started dating. Proverbs 18:22 says "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Indeed I have found great favor from God with Becks.

I remember a brother once reminding me, "you don't date to marry, you marry to date." What a perfect way to date your wife by celebrating monthly the date on which you got married. It's something we both look forward to every time the 16th rolls around on the calendar. We celebrated by getting each other gifts and going out to dinner at Celadon in Napa. I kept our dinner location a surprise, and despite having grown up in Napa, she had never eaten at Celadon. The restaurant was very nice and quaint, dimly lit, quiet, and decorated with European style artwork. My only gripe was having to sit only a couple feet away from the next table, so conversations weren't too private. But as for the food, I tell you, this probably the best meal that we've ever eaten. Becks would agree to that!

For appetizers Becky had the endive and pear salad with blue cheese, candied walnuts and honey mustard vinaigrette and I had the maine crab cake with frisée salad, gazpacho sauce and black pepper aïoli. The crab cake was unlike anything I've ever tasted before.

For the main course Becky had the special for the day, which consisted of wide noodle pasta mixed with vegetables and grilled sliced ribeye on top and I had the roasted chicken breast with baby basmati rice, broccolini and szechuan sauce. My chicken was very tender and succulent and the broccolini was very tasty. Becky's pasta was also killer. Let's just say that we'll be experimenting with putting steak on our pasta at home.

For dessert Becky had the vanilla bean crème brûlée with caramelized bananas and I had the
celadon bread pudding with grand marnier crème anglaise. Man, this bread pudding was awesome.

Thanks again Har for recommending this place. TripAdvisor rated this place #1 of 155 restaurants in Napa.

3 Comments:

Haar said...

One of my favorites. I hope you enjoyed it as much as do. And don't forget to bring your wife to good ol' Sweetie Pies a few doors down.

Jean M said...

Mmmm, mouthwatering! Will have to try this place one day!

Ellen said...

a wonderful place to eat! love it there too. steak on noodles is a great thing. ever heard of....oh i can't think of it right now. but i'll come back and tell ya.